Thursday, May 21, 2015

Embrace the Bump!

Today was the day. The day we finally said good-bye to "Bibbles". Well over 7 months ago my youngest, Eden, got a little bump on her face. It actually looked like a zit. Like the little white kind that make a bump popping woman like me crazy just to look at it. Eden guarded herself against me if I even looked at it wrong. I guess you could say she had trust issues probably because she witnessed me torturing  her sister at the sight of any blemishes. I don't know where my obsession with this started but I just never could stand the thought of leaving one to go away without my efforts to relieve the puss on the other side. Gross I know , but stay with me...

God spoke to me today and reminded me of how even life's aggravating situations are not by mistake.  We all strive to get our lives in order just the way we want them and it never fails... Just when we think we've finally got it all together there it is.."BUMP".  

We all have had bumps to deal with and the more we try to deal with them on our own the worse it gets. I believe there is a purpose in the bumps in our lives. Bibbles for example landed my daughter a trampoline and  a barbie.(Don't judge me for bribing. I have a real problem!) I had to try to pop it before seeking a professional after all I am a pro! It also gave me a great excuse to work a half day and leave early for the appointment which led to a lunch with my baby and my husband at Chick Fil A before the divine appointment. All I could think was if it wasn't for Bibbles I would be working missing this blessing of the here and now. God used this opportunity to bless and I am so glad. Eden got picked on and almost everyone asked her about Bibbles yet she handled it with grace. She learned tolerance and compassion and did not let it get to her. 

When I was just 11 my mom got cancer. 2 years later my dad got cancer and somewhere in between my Grandmother passed while living with us. I was too young to understand the fear that was penetrating through the brick mortar of our home. While I hated seeing my parents sick it was one of the sweetest times in our family. I got to see a man lovingly care for his bride and see what true love looked like. I ate the best chicken and cabbage in the world that Mrs. Shaw and every other member of Galatia church brought over and it was food for my soul . The love of family and friends was overwhelming in our home and there  was a peace inside me that I came to recognize as the Holy Spirit of God and I will never be he same. We were blessed and my parents have had many years of health, grandchildren and I pray many more years to come. 

Sometimes my perspective is clouded by my feelings, impatience and selfish motives that I forget that all things work for the good. It's easy to do. I guess we can all look back in hind sight and see the blessings that we missed, but it's just not the same as knowing and grabbing ahold of the blessing when it's happening.  My prayer is that we can all start to live in a way that embraces even the bumps. I guess Bibbles will always be a special memory in the May house. 

Once again thanks for taking time to read  my thoughts . 

Jeremiah 29:11New International Version (NIV)

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Blessings, 
Paula 

No comments:

Post a Comment